Job Title: Student Minister
BLUE SPRINGS CHRISTIAN CHURCH MISSION:
Guiding people into fully devoted relationship with Jesus - together.
The position of the Student Minister is to provide strategic oversight for the spiritual growth of both Middle School and High School students. This individual should be passionate about reaching the lost for Christ and discipling students who desire accepted Him as their Savior to a deeper relationship with Him. This individual is called to Christian service and is willing to go "above and beyond" the personal investment in a position that is considered "normal" in the secular world of work. This role reports to the NextGen Pastor but works in collaboration with all ministry staff.
• Track record of successful experience with recruiting, training and deploying large teams of volunteers
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; paid church staff experienced preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work positively in a team-based environment
• Understanding of and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence
• Ability to lead change amongst diverse teams in a collegial manner
• High level of organization
• Ability to manage multiple projects and processes together
• Independent worker
• High level computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar & Docs, other platforms)
• Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
• Ability to delegate and lead teams as necessary
• Understands the need for confidentiality within the church setting
• Committed to mission, vision and beliefs of BSCC and the Independent Christian Church.
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
• Considers this position a mission and a ministry, not just a job
• Models standards and expectations of the Leadership Expectations of BSCC
BLUE SPRINGS CHRISTIAN CHURCH RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accommodates individual needs and requests timely, positively and professionally and is willing to assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor to further the work of Christ in our community and around the world.
2. Maintains a productive and harmonious working relationship with all staff members and church members.
3. Participates and contributes in team meetings, all church activities and/or other project work.
4. Committed to the mission, vision and beliefs of BSCC and the Independent Christian Church movement. This includes financially contributing to the mission of the church.
• Oversee the ministries and programs provided for Middle School and High School students with a primary focus of working closely with all volunteer leaders and developing new leadership.
• Lead the Student Resident(s) so that the efforts of this ministry are mission targeted and effective.
• Create and implement a strategy for guiding increasing numbers of students through the spiritual growth steps of Worship, Groups and Serve.
• Coordinate the follow up efforts on students that express an interest in committing their life to Jesus.
• Oversee a process for the parents to be well informed and involved in the ministries being provided to their students.
• Coordinate special events and programs such as spiritual growth conferences, mission trips and service projects.
• Prepare yearly goals and budget for the overall Student Ministry and be responsible for their implementation.
• Oversee regularly scheduled equipping and planning meetings for those serving in your areas of ministry.
• Recruit new volunteers to partner in ministry with those currently serving and provide ongoing training for all volunteers.
• Create and implement a feedback/evaluation process to regularly assess the progress of the various ministries in your area.
• Be involved with church-wide initiatives to provide leadership and be a Servant example to the students and families.
• Assist with other duties as assigned to further the work of Christ in our community and around the world.
WORKING HOURS AND PAY RATE INFORMATION:
• This is a full-time exempt position.
• Salaried position
Your application was submitted successfully.